If you’re an existing FedEx customer and aren’t using FedEx Billing Online, you’re missing out on some great features. It may be tempting to rely on that paper invoice that you’ve always gotten from FedEx, but here’s the big news – you can access FedEx Billing Online AND still get your paper invoice. Here are a few great features of FedEx Billing Online that you won’t want to miss:
- First, you’ll be able to access you weekly invoices instantaneously, as soon as they’re released. Once your bill is available, you can download/print your paper invoice AND drill into a digital copy.
- Your new digital invoices have more information than your old paper bill and is available in PDF and CSV (for import to Excel or Google Sheets). In FedEx Billing Online, you’ll be able to see your invoice aging, drilling into invoices and invoice summaries for shipment details, surcharges, credits and refunds – all nicely organized for you.
- If you have multiple locations, you can easily add them all to the same FedEx Billing Online login so you can view all invoices and shipment details in one place.
- You can pay invoices directly within FedEx Billing Online. This can be done either per invoice, or you can enroll in Auto-Pay – whichever you prefer.
- You can use the Reporting Center to set up and download different types of reports, across all of your FedEx accounts.
- You can assign multiple users access (with different levels of permissions), so tasks like viewing account information and paying invoices can be delegated across your team.
Last, but certainly not least, FedEx Billing Online is where you can dispute billing errors and late shipments. Services like Refund Geeks will connect to your FedEx account and monitor all of your shipments and invoices, filing refund request for you automatically when issues are found. Give it a try and see what you’ve been missing.
Log into FedEx Billing Online here.