In its September 18 announcement, FedEx says its average rate increase is 4.9% for Express, Ground, and Home Delivery and will take effect January 1, 2018. Also important to note is that the 2018 FedEx Service Guide will be online starting December 15th.
We’ve outlined the details from FedEx’s update that are most important for those who ship parcels:
- FedEx will begin applying a dimensional weight (DIM) factor of 139 to all SmartPost packages starting January 22nd
- Additional Handling Surcharge increases by one Dollar (9.1%) to $12
- Address Corrections increase by one dollar (7.1%) to $15
- Delivery Area Surcharges increase by $0.10 and $0.20 in most cases, depending on the service type
- Residential Delivery Charge is up to $4.15, an increase of $0.30 (7.8%)
- Oversized Charge increases by $7.50 (10.3%) to $80
- 1lb. Ground Zone 2 increases by $0.33 to $7.58
- A Third Party Billing Surcharge will apply to FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments that are billed to a third party
Using Refund Geeks can help you recoup most, if not all, of this rate increase. How much will we save you?